BI Developer / Data Engineer 12mth fixed term
North Shore Based
Fixed Term 12 Month Position
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of data solutions that meet the agreed objectives and deliverables of my clients data needs.
The role is expected to produce efficient, reliable and maintainable, enterprise grade software solutions within the data space.
My client is looking for a BI expert / Data Engineer with a broad range of technical ability including but not exclusive to MS BI, Cognos, Hadoop, HAWQ, etc
Technical Requirements include:
- Business Intelligence Development Studio
- SSMS / SSAS / SSIS / SSRS / VBA / XML / XLMA / TSQL / MDX
- Strong knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing and BI concepts, Kimball methodologies, Master Data Management and developing highly complex data flows
- Experience with Cognos TM1
- Experience with data related performance tuning / profiling
- Good understanding of Agile development processes
- The ability and desire to build clean, maintainable solutions
Desirable experience & skills
- Experience with big data tools and solutions such as Hadoop, HAWQ, MapR, SAS (Enterprise Guide, Management Studio, Visual Analytics, Visual Statistics) or equivalent
- Experience managing big data platforms running on AWS
- Experience running data processing pipelines on Windows or Linux (Cent OS) including tools such as Ambari, Spring XD, shell scripting
- Experience with Sharepoint development
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology / Computer Science or related
- Certification in Agile and/or Scrum processes / experience with Atlassian suite of tools / exposure to Agile software development projects
- Experience with Git workflows and branching models
- 5+ years data engineering experience
To apply for this role, please provide your resume in our preferred Word or PDF format no larger than 1MB
and quote Job Reference: 17215.
For any queries regarding this or other roles, please phone Seon Clarke on 02 9248 6812.
Thank you for your interest and we will be in touch with those candidates
that meet the position requirements and are an Australian Resident.
People from a diverse background are welcome to apply.
For a full listing of positions please visit www.ecareer.com.au
ecareer employment services
Level 10, 50 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9248 6812