About the company: Our client VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well-respected brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of their customers. The VLI team today consists of over 450 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China that have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
We are looking to fill a permanent role in VLI's Unanderra branch for a Service Technician / Conveyor Technician.
The Service Technician / Conveyor Technician role is a permanent roster position for a experience Belt Splicer. The Roster is a 9 day fortnight.
The role includes the timely completion of any repair, overhaul or assembly of new and used conveyor belt according to provided details and work instructions to specified standards including the completion of all relevant documentation.
The role also includes belt splicing, fitting and maintenance of conveyor belt cleaners, removal and installation of trackers/scrapers and associated products as well as general conveyor maintenance.
- Mechanical background
- Current rigging and/or dogging ticket
- Boilermaker background
- Belt Splicer
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise and prepare for belt splicing activities
- Repair conveyor belt carcasses
- Layout and cut materials
- Splice fabric Conveyor belts
- Splice steel cord conveyor belts
- Operate vulcaniser presses and control curing
- Assist with mechanical items as required
- Ensure all onsite breakdowns are attended to in a timely manner
- Pulley Lagging
- Rubber Lining Jobs in line with skills and experience
- Repairs & maintenance on machines & Equipment
- Fitting and maintenance of conveyor belt cleaners, trackers and associated products
- General Conveyor Maintenance
- Site work involved with both Mechanical & Splicing crews
Why VLI?This role will give you an opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects. VLI value their employees and their job satisfaction and have created a range of formal rewards and recognition programs, roster days off and wellness initiatives. VLI has strong values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement that make it a great environment to work in.
To Apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume
VLI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Alliance Labour Solutions:
Alliance Labour Solutions is a national company specialising in the provision of labour hire and recruitment solutions to the Mining, Civil/Construction, Transport/Logistics and Maintenance Industries across New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia.