Vincents is a multi-award winning, full-service firm employing over 230 people across six offices. Operating in a flat structure, we strongly believe in an open-door policy and two-way communication. Knowledge sharing, personal and professional development are fundamental philosophies of the firm. We are committed to ensuring our employees grow their expertise by investing in a comprehensive in-house training program and generous postgraduate study support. In addition to our education commitments, Vincents believes in providing a holistic work environment that focuses on you as a professional by carving time for your physical well-being through our health and lifestyle benefits.
To find out more about our firm, visit our website www.vincents.com.au
About the Team
Vincents Assurance & Risk Advisory team is experiencing high demand for its services from the government and non-government sectors as it continues to build on its reputation as an outstanding, dynamic and experienced specialist group of professionals.
Commencing in 2012, the unit has quickly gained an excellent reputation for outstanding client care and service consistent with Vincents as a whole. The team is led by highly experienced professionals with backgrounds from Big 4 firms - both internationally and locally. Vincents Assurance & Risk Advisory have become a serious alternative in the market with more clients coming on board every month to access the team’s exceptional skills in the provision of assurance services, including the full range of financial statement and superannuation audits - as well as internal audit and related audit services.
The team’s great success is being built off the back of extremely satisfied customers and a great team of people working together. As a result of this growth, we are looking for an Auditor to join our Assurance & Risk Advisory team in Canberra.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting time to join our growing Canberra team and use your expertise to provide assurance services to a range of clients in conjunction with the wider Assurance & Risk Advisory Unit. Responsibilities include the provision of internal audits (financial, operational and performance audits), and financial statement audits as required.
- Perform relevant audits in line with the Australian Auditing Standards and the Australian Accounting Standards
- Plan audit engagements, identify potential audit risks, prepare work plan and coordinate requirements
- Undertake internal audit (financial, operational and performance auditing) where required
- Present audit findings in both written and verbal format to clearly communicate to various levels of management
- Identify, recommend and support operational improvements
- Fostering strong client relationships which assist to grow future opportunities
- Bachelor of Accounting/Commerce or Finance or Business-related degree
- Proven experience in a similar role is essential, minimum of 12 months audit experience
- A desire to commence CA/CPA qualification, or already enrolled
- Must be eligible to attain a Commonwealth Government Security Clearance
Key Personal Attributes
- High level of time management
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and internal staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Strong attention to detail
An attractive remuneration package consisting of salary and superannuation will be negotiated commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply click on the Apply Now button below, submitting your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role. All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest of confidence.
Enquiries to the People and Culture team at [email protected]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE