- Extremely supportive team environment
- Further your career and enhance your leadership skills
- Post-graduate studies in mental health preferred
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurse ready to assume the role of Associate Nurse Unit Manager in
our Mental Health Unit?
- The position is responsible for providing clinical leadership to the ward/unit to compliment the strategic direction, operational processes and quality management of all patients
- You will provide clinical operational direction for the unit to ensure efficient and effective management by coordinating the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based
- Working closely with the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for the effective daily management of human, financial and material resources
At Northpark Private Hospital, our patients come first. Led by top doctors, surgeons and a dedicated nursing team, our hospital has been providing high quality healthcare to Melbourne's northern suburbs for over 30 years.
With 144 patient-beds, Northpark Private is one of the largest private hospitals in Melbourne's northern suburbs.
Northpark Private Hospital is dedicated to anticipating and exceeding patient needs.
East Ward is a 44 bed voluntary inpatient facility that focuses on achieving person centred care and is guided by our core values of promoting respect, service and advocacy for patients with a mental health illness.
Our nursing staff provide a supportive atmosphere and environment working closely with the multidisciplinary team and offering therapies designed to promote recovery.
Practicing within a recovery framework you will use sound judgement to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and maintain a high standard of patient care
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 5 years experience in mental health nursing
- Post-graduate certificate/degree (desirable)
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive role modelling behaviours
- Excellent customer service focus, time management and prioritisation
- Ability to manage a dynamic and changing environment
- High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data bases
Applications close: Wednesday 20th November, 2019
For further enquiries:
Elisabeth Varley - Nurse Unit Manager (03 9468 0359 [email protected]
Please click the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application process. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details for 2 professional referees.