Perpetual Private is seeking a motivated Associate Financial Adviser with a strong understanding of investments, to join the growing team in our Sydney office. In this role, you will provide ongoing client service and high-quality support to Financial Advisers.
At Perpetual we have a track record in promoting Associate Financial Adviser’s into Senior Adviser roles.
We provide a pathway, support and training to enable your advancement to a senior role.
About this role:
- Attend and participate in client meetings to support the Financial Advisers in the provision of primarily financial advice and portfolio management services.
- Arrange & coordinate documentation in advance for client meetings
- Oversee the preparation of client annual review's and client new business onboarding including development of strategies, financial modelling and completion of fact find documents.
- Manage workflow to deliver to client needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain an understanding of operational processes for other teams including paraplanning and operations.
- Monitor client accounts & team dashboards & maintain client records
- Act as the key liaison for the Financial Advisers within the team/pod, administrative and operational team for the purposes of escalations and investigations.
- Assist Financial Advisers to resolve client requests including the provision of ad hoc investment advice via Records of Advice
- Oversee implementation of advice recommendations & keep clients updated regarding progress.
- Identify opportunities to enhance team operational performance
- Coordinate regular team meetings & represent the team in risk and compliance and operational forums.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and referrals to Financial Advisers and Partners
- Contribute to effective risk and compliance management through ensuring appropriate measures, controls and activities are taken to fulfil corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Have the confidence and aptitude to constructively challenge and articulate alternative points of view with Partner / Associate Partner / Senior Adviser.
- Possess initiative to progress and implement work tasks without constantly re-checking for approval and to complete these tasks without supervision.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an Associate Adviser or related financial services role
- FASEA Approved Degree or FASEA Approved pathway
- Completed professional year or working towards (where applicable)
- Completed FASEA CPD training & development
What you’ll need to stand out:
- Working knowledge of investments & advice strategies including superannuation, retirement and cashflow modelling
- Working knowledge of Estate Planning, philanthropy, aged care and debt management strategies (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience with Xplan (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in a client facing role
- An awareness of client expectations about a professional service firm’s representatives regarding presentation and behaviour
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high performing environment.
What’s in it for you?
- 12% Superannuation
- Employee discounts on various financial products and services
- Heath and lifestyle benefits
- One weeks ‘contribution leave’ in addition to statutorily entitled four (4) weeks annual leave
- Family friendly flexible working conditions
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading asset management and wealth management companies. We manage and / or advise upon approximately $42 billion worth of assets and offer services in the Investment, Advisory and Trustee sectors. For over 130 years Perpetual has had a track record of helping Australians businesses grow as well as ensuring its citizens achieve their long-term financial goals. As a company we are committed to continually evolving our products and services and preparing all our clients for the best financial future possible.