* Work with the iconic BONDS brand
* New role in the Bonds Retail team!
* Career growth step
Assistant Product Manager | Bonds Apparel | Kew, Melbourne
We have a newly created role within our Bonds Retail team for an Assistant Product Manager to work on our Bonds Apparel category across Men's and Women's. The APM performs a critical support role, never more so than in the Bonds team. We are a complex business which will require you to work closely with a huge variety of functions, from Retail, Design, Marketing, Sales, Planning and Retail … so a people person you most definitely are … And with the Apparel category in growth, this is a chance to flex your product management muscles and really make your mark.
What does an Assistant Product Manager do?
You will be supporting the Retail Buyer and Assistant Buyer and coordinating all activities relating to the development of seasonal range assortments and in the execution of product plans across BONDS apparel. Your key objective is the delivery of a highly commercial and profitable product range through effective product lifecycle management, quarterly reviews, range planning & sell through analysis.
Your role spans 4 key areas and incorporates the following areas of responsibility:
New Season Planning | Seasonal Calendar | Range Showing/Sell-In | Sample Management
* Product packaging set up on PLM
* Style setup in Jedox
* Ordering samples and booking fabrics
* Populate the SCHEMA - product descriptions, fabrics, etc.
* Updating and presenting weekly VMB (Visual Management Board)
* Lead weekly reporting via FMDS of calendar status
* Weekly WIP with Merchandise team
* Preparation of catalogues and price lists
* Prepare documents for Seasonal Range Preview
* End to end sample management
We are looking for the following experience/skills:
* Currently in a product-based role – product development, planning or buying, ideally within the retail/apparel/fashion industry
* You don't sweat the admin: this role will require someone exceptionally organised and comfortable juggling multiple tasks and deadlines
* You see a problem and you consider your options: you're practical and able to think for yourself and use a high degree of initiative. You go to your Manager with a solution, not the problem
* Focus on continuous improvement: if there's a better way, let's hear it. Come with ideas and share new ways of thinking
* You are naturally analytical and love systems and Excel
* Confident and articulate communicator – there are lots of stakeholders involved so you have to be someone who enjoys building relationships and working across a diverse stakeholder group
What's in it for me?
Who wouldn't want to be part of HanesBrands? Our culture is fantastic, made so by our people and the standards we set and strive towards each day. We enjoy the benefits of being part of a global organisation, whilst staying true to our Aussie heritage. As a company, we are passionate about developing our people, and there are endless opportunities for career progression across so many different areas of our business! We are open, honest, highly collaborative and straight-talking: we love coming to work every day and being part of bringing our iconic Australian brands to life that are loved by, well - everyone!
Enjoy some of our perks …
* We're big on training, development and promoting from within: there are genuine career opportunities across our business available for you to explore!
* Reduced Health Insurance premiums with our partner BUPA
* MS Office 365 licenses
* 40-70% off our fabulous brands including Bonds, Berlei, Champion, Bras'n'Things and Sheridan
* Generous family and friends discounts
* Fabulous modern office space in the beautiful Kew, equipped with sit-stand desks
* Regular Sample Sales where you can pick up some real bargains!
A bit about us …
HanesBrands Australasia is home to some of our most iconic Aussie brands and we are proud to be part of HanesBrands Inc, the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of basic apparel brands.
The Apparel Group is the largest operating group in Hanes Australasia and our brands speak for themselves: Bonds, Berlei, Champion, Holeproof, Jockey, Rio, Voodoo, Kayser, Razzamatazz and many more … Our Head Office is based in Kew, an Eastern suburb of Melbourne, with easy transport links in and out of the City. We have a NSW office based in Burwood and a New Zealand office in Auckland. Together our dedicated and talented teams are famous for designing and bringing to market a range of fabulous undies, intimates, hosiery, socks and apparel for men, women, kids and baby.
With six successful e-commerce websites and an extensive Bonds & Champion store network of over 140 stores (and counting), combined with some fantastic wholesale partnerships and a growing international presence, the future is looking bright!
Express your interest by selecting APPLY NOW and upload your CV.