Our client is seeking a motivated Assistant Store Manager to assist the current store manager in overseeing two hardware stores, their employees and the day to day functions. This hardware store have dealings with an extensive cross section of clients including builders, businesses and local customers. They pride themselves on their impeccable service that is based on delivering a positive customer experience, pricing and keeping it local.
Reporting to the Proprietor and serving as a crucial member of the team, this position primary responsibilities include overseeing staff to ensure customers are serviced in an effective and timely manner, as well as maintaining a positive team culture.
- Assist with operational systems, processes and policies in support of organisations mission.
- Actively promote a warm, friendly, courteous approach at all times to customers within the store & yard.
- Assist in managing the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Yard, Warehouse and Logistics).
- Work as a team to achieve budgeted sales levels.
- Hands-on approach to serving customers, merchandising and managing your team.
- Promote positive culture and work ethic in operations staff.
- Assist all Support Staff where required, including sales, providing advice on materials and liaising with customers.
- Ensure all employees are aware of importance of stock level accuracy.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access Sound communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Have a drive for company success and growth
- Sound knowledge of the Sydney Metropolitan areas
- Well organised to handle pressure and time constraints
- Hardware and Timber Industry knowledge and experience is advantageous
- Ability to be able to speak to different people from builders, to home handymen, to staff.
- A general interest in the Timber and Hardware Industry is a must
- Manual driver's licence for delivery vehicle is preferred
What is on offer:
- An attractive salary up to 75k-80k a year
- Flexible work life balance
- Ongoing training and development provided
- Immediate start available!
- Work for a company where positive culture is at the foremost
If this sounds like the next challenge you are looking for then we would love to hear from you! Please hit Apply Now! Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.