Role: Assistant Director
Centre: Goodstart Wishart
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As the Assistant Director at Goodstart Wishart, you will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement in all aspects across centre operation and to extend your network of relationships with children, families and educators. You will work in collaboration with your centre leadership team.
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Support the centre director in the leadership of the team to provide high-quality early learning and care
- Mentor and build capabilities within the centre team
- Be responsible for the overall management of the centre in the centre director’s absence
- Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide
What Goodstart can offer you
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Purchased additional leave on offer
- Competitive above award rates
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (from 15 - 30%)
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director or a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.