Area Manager - Townsville
At G8 Education, we aim to be Australia’s leading provider of high quality, developmental and educational child care services. With over 500 Centres and 11,000 team members, we are continually looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
We currently have a permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced and high performing Area Manager based in Townsville or Bundaberg.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective running of our Childcare Operations across QLD by leading and supporting Centre Managers to drive performance and quality within their centres.
The successful candidate will be required to regularly travel throughout South East and Central Qld.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive team engagement through positive leadership.
- Foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, teamwork, fairness, achievement, fun at work, and recognition.
- Manage a full team ratio (FTR) considering qualifications required.
- Identify and develop internal talent within the region.
- Recruitment and onboarding of new Centre Managers.
- Point of escalation for any issues that may arise from the Centre or Parents.
- Hold Centre Managers accountable for their Centre’s operational and business performance.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are in practice across all Centres.
- Acts as a coach and mentor for the team to achieve required standards and behaviours.
- Escalate any performance issues or employee breaches of policy/procedures to the Regional Manager as appropriate.
Ideally you will have:
- 5 + years of leadership experience, preferably within the child care sector
- Centre manager experience is desirable
- Experience in multi-site management
- Passionate about the first five years of children’s development
- A strong leader, with the ability to provide direction, coaching and support to a team of up to 10 Centre Managers
- Comfortable operating in a regulatory environment
- Accountable for delivering core business objectives across the area
- Adaptable, flexible and able to respond positively to change
- Current drivers license
- Willingness to undertake a working with children clearance check
- Willing to travel within this region
- Current Working With Children’s Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
Why you should choose us:
- Attractive salary package including performance incentive scheme, car, laptop, iPhone etc.
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
- Career advancement opportunities
- 30% discount on full child care fees, available upon commencement
- Annual 3-day conference and Gala Dinner
- A fulfilling & supportive culture
- Access to fantastic employee benefits and discounts including hotels, health insurance, gym memberships and more!
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.