G8 Education is an ASX 200 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 500 Early Learning Centres across Australia and Singapore and with over 11,000 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
Due to exciting organisational growth we are currently seeking a highly motivated, professional and capable Architectural Technician to join our Property team.
As the Architectural Technician, you will be responsible for working with the Design Manager to design the refurbishment scope of works and drawings based on the brand standards nationally across G8 Education. You will also assist with new building designs layouts and concepts for development approval based on the design development briefs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the design scope documents for a seamless transition for tender on refurbishment and for town planning on new sites.
- Be a part of the team to evolve the brand designs for new centres from the design brief into schematic designs for Development Approval.
- Provide designs in accordance with the internal design standards to create an operationally sound centre plan.
- Obtain all relevant approvals from local authorities and/or governing bodies for current centre refurbishment and special projects.
- Attend site visits for measuring up and documentation of existing centres.
- Liaise with consultants and contractors in relation to design as required.
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture or equivalent.
- Proven post graduate experience in Architecture.
- Strong conceptual design presentation and ability to demonstrate detail.
- Working knowledge of systems such as CAD, REVIT, REVIT Family Creation knowledge and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge in building construction processes, standards and certifications, NCC, Australian Standards and the National Quality Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work on projects independently and prioritise work.
- Promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Attractive salary package including performance incentive scheme
- Generous discount on childcare fees
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role, apply now!
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. As an organisation, we have a zero tolerance to any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and well-being of children will always be our priority and we have an expectation that all of our team members embrace this shared commitment.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.