Your new company
This Government Department is tasked with the assessment, monitoring and regulation of medical and health related materials. This Department is in urgent need of a high-performing APS6 regional liaison officer to support regional accessibility to COVID-19 vaccines.
Your new role
You will be engaged at the APS6 level to support two major programs aimed at providing access to safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines within Southeast Asia and the Pacific islands. In particular you will be required to be a liaison lead with a broad range of domestic and international stakeholders. Your responsibilities will also include monitoring changes in the global regulatory, health and aid environment that may impact on the objectives of the programs; assisting in strategic planning and program management; and undertaking special projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will be a high-performing individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. As well as this, you will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills including the ability to consult, liaise, negotiate and work well with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong written skills in particular the ability to write clearly and concisely about complex matters for different audiences.
- Prior experience within a regulatory environment.
- A scientific background (degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or pharmacy preferred) is highly desirable.
You must be an Australian citizen and be willing to undergo a National Police Check to be successful in applying for this role.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and drive you'll be rewarded with:
- Working within a high-profile Government Department.
- A 12-month contract with the possibility for extension.
- An attractive hourly rate contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Kayza Grenfell on (02) 9598 2413, [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2578410