Your new company
This Government Department is working at the forefront of delivering a high level of policies and programs to the public contributing to their health and well-being from communicable diseases and the environment. Currently they have a need for a high performing APS6 administration officer to support the Department's COVID-19 pandemic response.
Your new role
You will be engaged at the APS6 level to provide high-level administrative support regarding Australia’s health protection. You will be responsible for coordinating and/or preparing high-level executive briefings, Ministerial correspondence, FOI responses, and public enquiries and media questions to a variety of internal and external stakeholders related to COVID-19 testing matters. This extends to providing committee administrative support and secretariat support on occasion. You will also be assisting with policy research and development to enhance Australia's laboratory capacity and capability.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will be a high-performing individual with demonstrated government administration and policy experience. As well as this, you will portray:
- Strong government writing skills, including the ability to draft high level complex documents, briefing papers, and meeting outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to manage effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout relevant jurisdictions and the Commonwealth.
- An aptitude for translating and integrating scientific information and evidence into Ministerial correspondence, responses to enquiries and other documents.
- The ability to work in a small but busy team as well as independently.
- Broad knowledge of Government public health programs and priorities.
You must be an Australian citizen to apply and have or are willing to obtain / maintain a Baseline Security clearance. If you are found successful you must be willing to undergo a national police check.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with:
- Supporting complex policy decisions
- Aiding in Australia's national COVID-19 response
- An attractive hourly rate contract with career development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Kayza Grenfell on (02) 9598 2413, [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2540592