- face2face Reference Number #553515
- 12 month contract, possible extension
- Full Time Hours
- Australian Citizenship
- Based in Sydney, NSW
- $55.00 to $65.00 per hour excluding super
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, Work Health and Safety, participative work practices, APS Values and APS Employment Principles:
- Direct provision of high quality, evidence informed clinical services including intake, assessment and referral, complex case management, and case coordination to a caseload of clients (veterans, serving defence force members, and eligible family members) with identified complex and/or multiple needs. Provide other evidence informed clinical services relevant to professional qualification as required.
- Participate in the regional Duty Officer Roster as required, responding to client referrals where risk and/or complexity is present according to the Triage Priority Scale Response Guidelines and the Risk Assessment Workflow. Provide risk assessment, safety and contingency planning for such clients until allocation plan is able to be executed. Provide additional assessment post-triage and utilise appropriate referral pathways in accordance with client need.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Community and Peer Advisor (lived experience) team to provide clinical consultation and support as necessary to promote safety and seamless service delivery.
- Maintain clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Liaise and form partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community based mental health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families, in particular where there is a need for both acute care and longer term rehabilitation of clients. This includes the development of a shared knowledge base that helps inform appropriate practice and referral pathways for service access.
- Work systemically with key internal and external stakeholders to influence a recovery approach to service delivery within a stepped care model for vulnerable or at risk veteran and defence force communities and families, in accordance with Open Arms policy and procedures. Participate in internal and external meetings as directed.
- Participate in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
- Participate in and contribute to ongoing learning and development activities and the maintenance of professional status.
- Participate in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contribute to project management activities that implement strategic direction and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development ofclinical policies and procedures, particularly in relation to case management development activities.
- Apply the principles of cooperative and safe work practices consistent with APS Values and the Department’s mission, vision, approach and values.
- Qualifications as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
- Candidates must have extensive and relevant clinical and case management experience.
If this sounds like the role for you and you would like to know more, click apply now!
Applications close 12:00pm on Thursday 4 November.
02 6199 5750