- 6 month non ongoing contract
- Secondment options available
- Centrally located Federal Government Dept.
Are you a Media expert looking for a non ongoing or transfer opportunity within the APS?
Your new company
A Federal Government Dept, located in the Canberra City, is looking for a Media Officer at the APS 6 level, to join a fast paced Media team.
Your new role
As the Media Officer, you will work within a highly productive media team to assist across the full spectrum of work of the section and provide a range of services to both internal and external stakeholders.
These include developing:
- publication ready content such as media releases, responses to journalists’ enquiries, Talking Points, Q&As and opinion pieces
- proactive media strategies and media opportunities
- effective internal and external relationships, including with the media, key ministerial staff and the department’s executive as you will be required to provide high quality support and advice on media issues to the department and Minister's office.
You will also undertake a range of administrative duties such as maintaining on-call rosters, lists of case studies, media events and key contact lists.
The media team is staffed from 8am until 6pm Monday to Friday and the role will periodically involve starting or finishing work at these times.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for someone who can show resilience and the ability to achieve outcomes while working under pressure to meet tight timeframes. You will also be someone that can work effectively and collaboratively within a small team of experienced media professionals.
Experience working in a media-related role, particularly within the APS is highly sought.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an exciting, fast paced role within a strong team environment. An attractive remuneration package including generous employer superannuation contributions will be offered. This is a fantastic role for those individuals looking for a transfer opportunity within the APS.
What you need to do now
Please contact Leanne on 02 6112 7650 for further information on the role, or send your CV to [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508