At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.
About the role:
Reporting to the Technology Portfolio Delivery Manager, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders on system changes that will deliver process and operational improvements. You will lead the collection, analysis and documentation of requirements and produce functional and technical specifications for system changes. Your key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide input to solution designs for system enhancements and changes.
- Develop processes and documentation to support the collection and definition of solution requirements.
- Identify the best approach for eliciting business requirements based on the stakeholder environment.
- Analyse business requirements and develop functional and technical specifications required for system changes.
- Lead the delivery of selected business improvement opportunities.
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
- Benefits focused approach to developing and delivering innovative system improvements.
- Proven experience as a system focused Business Analyst from requirements taking all the way through the lifecycle producing functional specifications and any other required documentation.
- A tertiary degree is required, with a degree in Information Technology being highly regarded, coupled with certification other industry certifications (ITIL, BABOK etc..)
- Knowledge and use of various delivery frameworks and methodologies, particularly Waterfall, Agile techniques, Prince2 and PMBOK.
- Experience using process flow diagrams to define business process, BPMN and UML highly regarded.
- Ability to understand the requirements of the business and build strong stakeholder relationships.
Working at Unitywater:
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Applicants will need to demonstrate eligibility and right to work in Australia and successfully complete relevant pre-employment checks, including verification of criminal history, drivers licence and driving history, alcohol and other drug screening.
Applications close: Sunday 22 September
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
For further information or to request the position description for this role, please contact the Careers team at [email protected] an organisation directly contributing to keeping our community healthier, Offices located on the Sunshine Coast & Caboolture - avoid the city commute!, Ongoing career development and training opportunities available