Your new company
These Local Councils are based in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne are growing municipality and place a large emphasis on supporting the community and the animals who are part of it. These thriving Councils have a requirement for a new Animal Management Officer predominately doing Animal Collections to assist the team with the busy workload.
You will have the opportunity to work within a results orientated team who provide enthusiastic leadership and communication. Starting out on a 3 month contract with the opportunity for extension.
Your new role
Your duties on a daily basis will predominately be working as an Animal Management/Collections Officer including all or some of tasks listed below:
- enforcing the Domestic Animals Act
- handle animals in a confident and safe manner
- animal pick ups/drop offs
- pet registration/door knocks
- reactive and proactive patrols
- and other general local laws duties (offences and complaints).
What you'll need to succeed
Having previously worked for a Local Council in an animal management role, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to handle animals in a confident and safe manner. You will have also conducted numerous animal pick-ups (wandering and contained animals).
What you'll get in return
Work in a busy and fast paced environment and receive on-going guidance from a supportive Team Leader. You will also receive:
- Paid weekly with optional overtime (penalty rates)
- A supportive work environment where you can learn from multiple experienced officers
- Opportunity for extension based off positive feedback from our client
Hays Recruitment are always seeking Animal Management Officers with experience working within a Local Council. If you are not from this area, please send your resume to the below email and specify which Council you would like to potentially work with.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to [email protected] or call Narissa Tak to discuss this role on 0498 001 255
LHS 297508 #2455189