At Xero, we're here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we're not only helping small business, we'll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
As a global SaaS (software as a service) company we have a team of almost 2,000 Xeros doing beautiful work across our 17 offices across the globe. We're ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World's Most Innovative Growth Company two years running, Glassdoor named us one of the top 15 best SaaS companies in the world, and Canstar Blue has ranked us Australia's best accounting software company for four consecutive years (2015-2018).
About the role
As the successful candidate you will ideally have experience working in an Android Development team alongside understanding Android tools. However, we are open to talking to you if you are seeking a change in development and have a passion for mobile technologies.
In this role you will develop software for mobile products on the Android Development platform. You'll continually drive delivery and continuous product improvement.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Collaborating with team members to prototype, build, and test high quality apps.
- Identifying shortcomings in current technology / architecture and recommend solutions.
- Providing constructive input into architectural decisions for new features.
- Providing technical guidance to other developers.
- Staying up to date with Google's and other Android development technologies, and identify and promote opportunities to make use of these technologies within the mobile team.
We work in an engaging, agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and have fun. So to be successful as an Android Developer at Xero you'll ideally have:
- A passion for working as part of a development team building design led software.
- Experience developing robust, high quality software meeting the agreed specifications and complying with Xero's standards and procedures.
- A commitment to being the first user of your own code and writing tests
- The ability to excel in a working environment where you will assist analysts and designers and work closely with quality assurance through the development cycle.
- The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the development team and the wider organisation.
- Hands on exposure to Agile processes and principles
- Knowledge of the following is also bonus: .NET MVC, C#, API development
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!