About the Job
The Ammunition Supplier (Ammo Sup) is a soldier responsible for ammunition supply and accounting within units across the entire Army. You'll be an ammunition supply specialist performing a range of duties from stores accounting, electronic ledger entry, to warehousing duties including receiving and issuing ammunition. As you progress through your career, you will have the opportunity to become an Ammunition Technician (AMMO TECH). As an AMMO TECH, you will become an ammunition and explosives specialist providing technical advice, technical support and management functions relating to ammunition and explosives to commanders, staff and other organisations at all levels. The AMMO TECH also undertakes specific tasks for military and civil authorities by the provision of support for the identification and disposal of un-exploded ordnance (UXO) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).
You'll be provided with plenty of travel opportunities both in Australia and overseas, as well as enjoying the job security of being a member of the Royal Australian Army Ordnance Corps.
The duties listed below are those that could be expected to be performed in the first three years of service before promotion to Corporal. Note that not all duties are performed in each position:
- Performing ammunition accounting and receipt and issue transactions
- Performing ammunition handling including selecting, packaging, distribution of surplus or damaged stock
- Handle, store and distribution of dangerous goods such as hazardous materials, ammunition and explosives
- Assist in the calculation of unit ammunition requirements and management
- You will also learn to drive trucks and forklifts, as part of your duties and
- General soldiering duties, such as manning defensive positions, patrolling, traffic control, camouflaging of vehicles, sighting of ammunition, and navigation.