We’re here to Stride. It’s an exciting time to be part of Stride. You may have noticed we’ve recently changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We began simply to help people find a place to live and work, now we’re leaders in early childhood intervention and working to expand our youth and adult specialist services. That’s meant our brand has evolved too.
Stride reflects our focus on the prevention and treatment of mental health conditions – building on the work we do with families and communities to roll out more evidence-based services.
headspace is a world-leading, innovative and specialist Youth service committed to providing comprehensive mental health services for young people and their families. With a focus on evidence based best practice, innovation and local community needs, headspace centres provide early intervention services as well as continuity of care for young people across four core areas /service streams including mental health; alcohol and other drugs; general health; and social recovery/vocational services.
About the Opportunities:
We are seeking passionate and experienced Accredited Mental Health Social Workers, Clinical and General Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people living with mental ill-health.
We have 5 opportunities across our headspace sites in Ipswich, Meadowbrook, Nundah and Woolloongabba
As a Private Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
- Providing high standard assessments, psychological, counselling and therapeutic interventions with 12-25 year olds
- Ability to service between 5-10 clients per day
- Opportunity to run group programs
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Mental Health Care Plan Reviews (5th session) of clients provided to referring GP
- Be a part of the innovative Headspace model
About the Benefits!
- Flexible work days between 2 - 4 days weekly, scheduled around your commitments
- Administrative support, including billing and appointment bookings
- Working with, and having the support of a friendly multi-disciplinary team
- Daily case review
- Paperless practice with IT support
- Ongoing referral base
- Lead Agency, Aftercare, with over 100 years' experience in the Mental Health sector
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role and preferred centre.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt. For further information please call Keri Walsh on 0432 707 238 or email [email protected]