Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia is part of a global brand providing a variety of machinery for the construction and mining industries.
As our journey into automation grows HCA is now seeking a Software Engineer from within the Autonomous Haulage sector to join our team of experts as the new AHS Engineer for the AHS Business Unit.
Reporting to the AHS Support Manager this position will be based out of our Brisbane branch with frequent and regular travel to the various mine sites within NSW that Hitachi is working with.
Your Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Diagnose and/or troubleshoot AHS system issues that are reported in by the service teams.
- Ascertain the root cause of each issue, work on repairing the embedded systems, including any hardware that has been associated with the problem throughout your resolution process.
- Working with our “in-house” reporting tool, all diagnostic, findings, resolutions, etc. from each Client issue must be documented and recorded
- Review and contribute to new and existing product documentation, provide continuous improvement solutions enabling efficiencies for the customers.
- Stay up to date with system changes, implementation and upgrades for AHS software and controllers and provide support to the customers who are impacted by
- Escalate all issues to relevant HCM & AHS Support Teams within a timely manner
- Ensure that all interactions with internal and external customers and stakeholders is professional and courteous as you are required to continuously ‘Promote & Enhance’ Hitachi’s relationship with our AHS customers
To be successful, it is essential that you have:
- Software Engineering or IT qualifications are essential.
- Solid experience in LAN network design and implementation, WAN technologies especially VPNs.
- Sound understanding of enterprise level wireless mesh and LTE protocol knowledge.
- Sound experience working with MS Suite/Office and basic understanding of SQL DB.
Here at Hitachi, we believe that success comes from the partnership of our market-leading products and the quality of our people. We are an equal opportunity employer, do not discriminate and whole-heartedly value diversity at our company.
This role will be best suited to a strategic and enthusiastic service-driven professional who has an innovative ability to navigate complex issues. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please click APPLY