Small family owned and operated hydroponic market gardening business located in the Northern Adelaide Plain's food produce district. Become part of a team dedicated to growing and distributing fresh produce throughout South Australia, and nationally.
About the role
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform soil testing to achieve maximum growing quality and identify nutrient deficiencies.
- Research and develop sustainable growing processes and practices for the business.
- Conduct regular insect and plant disease surveys for the business.
- Locate and identify pests or disease within crops and determine best practice chemicals and methods for their control or eradication.
- Analyse and inspect crop growth and produce to set and maintain standards of quality.
- Collect, record and collate data pertaining to experiments, research, or crop care.
- Plan harvesting and other production processes.
- Maintain or repair as required, facilities, equipment, or tools to ensure operational readiness, safety, and cleanliness.
- Provide technical information to the business as needed.
This role is suited for applicants who are hardworking, autonomous and dedicated. Applicants with fluency in Vietnamese are strongly encouraged to apply.
Skills and experience
Relevent experience in agriculture, particularly with managing hydroponic and protected crop is essential. Formal qualification in agriculture is not essential however it will be viewed favourably