Advanced Disability Support Worker
Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Multiple roles located across;
- Pascoe Vale
Multiple roles to include full-time and part-time vacancies.
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They’re bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team. And while they’re serious about human rights, they have a knack for finding joy in life – even in the most unexpected places.
The Advanced Disability Support Worker will provide support and information for people with disabilities, across their lifecycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity, respect and social inclusion, in the least restrictive environment.
The Advanced Disability Support Worker will act as a senior member of a direct support team in a service with more complex support requirements.
- Recognised experience and knowledge in the field of disability with high level competencies in areas of complex behaviour management or high/complex medical needs.
- Knowledge of complex conditions that impact on disability and the capacity to remain up to date with related developments.
- You must hold an Advanced Diploma Disability Work, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability), and/or has previously held a Mental Retardation Nurse registration.
- A current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) card is required by the employee for the period of employment.
- A full driver’s licence is required
- A level 2 First Aid Certificate is required.
- Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
So, who is Aruma?
We’re glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in disability services, but we’re definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation, two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
Successful applicants will be initially employed by the Department of Health and Human Services and managed by Aruma until employment transitions to Aruma as part of the Victorian transfer of government disability services to the NDIS.
Employment, salary, and benefits will be in accordance with Disability Services Enterprise Agreement Victoria 2018 – 2022, classification Level DDSO 2A
Our success depends on YOU. We’d love to hear your story.
To be part of the Aruma journey, apply now by 5 April 2020
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation