- Large 'For Purpose' organisation
- Enjoy family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Role is suited to a caring and understanding individual with administration experience
headspace Broken Hill have an exciting opportunity for a part-time (7.5 hours per week) Administration Support Officer to join the team!
About the Opportunity
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace Broken Hill will provide young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
In this role you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for inquiries, as well as providing a broad range of administrative support functions for the headspace Broken Hill team including:
- Provide day to day office assistance to the operations of headspace
- Provide a full range of reception services, including meeting and greeting of visitors whilst maintaining a clean, safe and inviting environment for visitors
- Make appointments for young people to see clinicians, including SMS reminders and maintain waiting lists;
- Process MBS claims and coordinate the Medicare billing and client booking system;
- Overall, perform duties as the main point of contact for the office for all administrative matters, and as otherwise specified by the Clinical & Operations Manager and/or the Clinical Practice Manager.
This role requires that you be the first point of contact for young people who are often in crisis so it is essential that you have a high level of emotional intelligence and are comfortable working around children and youth.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace Broken Hill, as one of the youngest headspace centres in Australia, is funded by the Western NSW Primary Health Network to provide youth-friendly, early intervention mental health support for young people who present with mild to moderate mental health issues.
Flourish Australia, the lead agency for headspace Broken Hill, has a long and proud history of providing mental health services in the region and this is an excellent opportunity to gain unrivalled professional experience.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of qualifications in business management, administration, finance, or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an Administrative role, preferably within the community services sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of allied health/ medical practice management
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of Medicare billing, Electronic Medical Records, and the Australian health system.
- Available to work until 6pm as required
You will be a caring and understanding individual, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective organisational skills, good problem solving skills and the ability to work in challenging situations. You will also be able to demonstrate a practical and optimistic approach, the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently, and have a good degree of computer literacy.
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will join an organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Career development opportunities; and
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
Successful applicants will be appointed subject to a national criminal record, Australian residency and working with children checks and checks with suitable work referees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
For more information contact Rynnette Gentle, Clinical and Operations Manager E: [email protected]