Administration and AP Manager
This role will be helping to maintain customer accounts and business matters for the Australian office. The position will be working on accounting, including invoice generation and accounts payable/receivable, reporting, administrative office responsibilities, customer service, and assisting with marketing for the Cafe Imports Australia office. This position will also be responsible for interacting with warehousing facilities and freight carriers for coffee storage and logistics.
The ideal candidate is someone that is extremely comfortable with numbers, currencies, and open to learning basic coffee "C" market concepts.
This person will also be working closely with the Office Manager and US Accounting team to ensure reporting standards are maintained in Australia.
In addition, the right person is someone that is comfortable speaking to customers, and embodies Cafe Imports strong emphasis on a meaningful customer experience and education.
By nature of being a small business in Specialty Coffee, everyone wears several hats to continually innovate and keep progress moving in an ever-changing and exciting industry. The ideal candidate for this job is constantly looking at how to improve systems and procedures in the office.
- Previous experience in accounting, administration, or some other position which included working closely with numbers and dealing directly with customers.
- An interest in coffee and fine food, or an open-ness to learning more about specialty coffee.
- Very high attention to detail, fast learner
Skills and Experience
Contracts and Accounting
- Accurate data entry
- Be able to work easily between multiple currencies & units
- Familiarity with accounting & invoicing
- Understanding of expenses & reporting
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge of currency hedging & commodity trading.
- Previous work experience in a consumer facing position
- Ability to show empathy and deal effectively with challenging customer situations
- Extremely organized, proactive, and very "type A" personality
- Ability to work alone at times
- Tidy and efficient in both physical space and communication
- Strong interest in either specialty coffee, fine food, or some other culinary area.
3PL & Logistics
- Ability to navigate working with multiple freight carriers,
- Monitoring and managing incoming and outgoing
- Generating bills of lading, creating pickups, monitor billing