Actuarial Consultant/Senior Consultant
Flexibility, opportunity and incredible experiences reward the hard work required to succeed at Deloitte. We champion and support our talented people in achieving their career goals and collectively celebrate success.
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are motivated and passionate about building and implementing information-based solutions. We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of '…And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and/or a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
About the Team
Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants is recognised for providing clients with a full range of advisory services. Working with some of Australia's major financial services institutions as well as government, we have achieved significant growth over recent years. This growth has created a number of opportunities within our Melbourne team.
About the role:
- Full range of actuarial responsibilities in the valuation & pricing area, including model building & testing, optimising data processes, and consideration of internal and external factors influencing experience.
- Experience investigations and resulting assumption selection for the business.
- Statistical analysis to understand experience drivers.
- Provide input into the key insights for client consulting and client implementation projects.
- Manage strong internal stakeholder relationships with Engagement Directors and Managers, and assist with client relationships.
- Assist with client proposals and development of our go-to-market initiatives across core actuarial, M&A, business performance, analytics and actuarial transformation propositions.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following characteristics / experience:
- 2-5 years of actuarial work experience within General Insurance, with knowledge of injury & disability schemes highly desirable
- Understanding of actuarial methodologies, financial drivers and regulatory standards.
- A knowledge of valuation models, pricing tools, techniques, and methods; ability to assess analytical models using statistical principles.
- Other modelling tools and programming experience will be well regarded and essential for this role.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness and desire to work on client projects across multiple sectors as needed.
What we will provide you
We will provide you with one of the strongest project management training available in the actuarial market. You will be trained in core technical skills, but also to be able to think creatively and innovatively. We will work to give you projects with a wide range of professionals across Deloitte, and learn first-hand how actuarial skillsets can be combined with other competencies to create a leading solution to a problem.
Like many financial services' roles, a significant portion of what actuaries currently do today may not exist in 5-10 years' time, and our focus on innovation and creative thinking will prepare you and your career to be part of that next-generation of the actuary.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience and career goals, we want to hear from you. Please apply now!
Or contact Andy Steeds via Our Recruiters for a confidential discussion.