Southern Steel Group is the largest privately owned steel distributor in Australia. We operate nationally and have a number of branches around Australia with approximately 950 employees.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our busy Head Office team. The Southern Steel Group is comprised of individual companies, operating as separate entities, which makes accounting in our business challenging and involved yet very rewarding.
In this position you will collaborate with the business and its Managers to prepare, analyse, manage and maintain the financial accounts of several allocated companies within the Group.
This is not limited to but will include:
- Production of monthly and annual management accounts including profit and loss statements and balance sheet.
- Activity based cost accounting.
- Business analysis and support to local General Manager on commercial issues
- Oversight of Fixed Asset register
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of budgets
- Stock reconciliation and stock takes
- Prepare documentation as requested for external auditors and liaise with them to answer any queries during the audit process
- Provide assistance as required to other processing businesses within the group
To succeed in this role, ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- At least 5 years experience in the local Manufacturing/ Distribution industry
- Experience with GST and Fringe Benefits
- Experience with different ERP
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel;
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong organisational skills an eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
This unique opportunity will be a great fit for someone that has broad high level accounting capability with a proven background in manufacturing and operational planning; driven passion with an ability to consult and build relationships across an organisation.
You will always be learning and developing but more importantly, you will be joining a passionate team who enjoy what they do.
If you have the experience that we need, please apply now!
Note: We promote a safe work culture; therefore we have a process of reference checking and pre-employment medicals which includes a drug and alcohol screen for the successful applicant.