About the Company
• 100% Australian owned and operated
• Established in 1978
• Leading supplier of private label FMCG products for local & International supermarkets.
• Global footprint with offices in Europe, China, USA and Middle East
• Sourcing food products from all over the world
About the Role
This Accountant role at Intermarkets is a key and critical role where you will contribute to helping us in managing the entire performance of the company. You will also draw upon your experience and skills to collect and analyze data to ensure success by driving growth, value and profitability.
The key focus of this role:
• Provide direct support to the General Manager in carrying the responsibilities of the Finance Department through the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis aligned to supporting the priorities and needs of the rapidly growing business
• Provide financial analysis support to key senior executives engaged in the import & distribution of FMCG (Food) with proactive analysis delivering insights to drive profit growth
• Gather, analyze and report data to provide greater insight into strategic decisions.
• Review and assemble Intermarkets – Australia and related entities financial statements
• Identify and apply relevant professional standards and regulatory requirements Financial analysis including financial ratio analysis of income and expenditure with view of minimizing logistics and supply chain costs
• Assist in continuous review of accounting procedures and policies by assessing them against accounting standards and recommend change if needed Prepare and present to the Financial Controller the annual budget, including operating and capital budgets, and cash flow projections
• Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial analysis Prepare annual budgets, including operational and capital budgets, and cash flow projections
• Support the General Manager with strategic analysis as required by the business
• Be active in the financial reporting and taxation of IAS, BAS and FBT and run accuracy checks on statements
• Prepare and submit capital financing plans for acquisitions of capital assets including equipment and machinery for entities related to Intermarkets – Australia and suggestions to planning and sourcing funds to meeting financial obligations
• Tackle technical accounting issues for currency hedging and FX for compliance per need and coordinate with banks on Letters of Credit and FX contracts
• Provide costing for tenders and pricing options by evaluating and analyzing pricing components of the supply chain, logistics and currency fluctuations and provides suggestions and reports accordingly.
• Provide analysis of the cost drivers of a food manufacturing and co packing and alternatives for cost saving.
• Review and recommend modifications to existing ERP accounting system to match Intermarket’s – Australia evolving work requirements
• Provide finance and accounting support in end of month audits, internal control procedures, bank loan schedules, management fees and stock reports accuracy
Experience, Skills & Competencies
• Have solid financial accounting experience (>3 years) in a similar role.
• Have experience in a commercial business setting with solid understanding of inventory, COGS, supply chain, freight, logistics and the operational aspect of an FMCG (food & beverage).
• Experience in a full integrated ERP is preferred
• An Accounting University degree (obtained from an Australian-based University)
• Commenced or completed CPA or CA
• An additional MBA or Management degree (obtained from an Australian-based University) is preferred and will play role in the selection of the candidate
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• A track record of commitment to and successful delivery of high-quality outputs within strict deadlines (organizational and time management skills)
• Ability to solve problems, offer solutions and make decisions
• Must be available to start immediately
• Salary range is between $70,000 and $80,000
• Rapidly growing company
• Career progression
• Convenient Campbellfield location
• Free on-site parking
To submit an application for this role, please use the Apply button below. In order to be considered for this position, please submit the following documentation:
• Cover letter detailing your suitability for this role
• Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
• Applicants must meet the above criteria in order to be considered for an interview.