Trinity is an independent college within the Evangelical and Reformed tradition which equips people for gospel-shaped ministry. With a current enrolment of 90 students, and over 300 graduates serving in Australia and overseas, the College offers diplomas and degrees through to post-graduate level. Trinity is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology (ACT).
The Academic Dean will lead and administrate the design and delivery of the College’s academic and ministry training program as well as lecture in Old and/or New Testament.
- Unit coordination, preparing and delivering lectures/tutorials, and grading assessments (and related duties) for 1-2 units per semester in Old and/or New Testament
- Providing pastoral care and academic advice to students
- Some HDR supervision and research activity
- Participation in the life and ministry of the College (including: mission week, preaching and leading at chapel, event planning and attendance, College deputation, occasional certificate-level teaching)
Academic Dean Role:
- Leading the strategic development for the design, planning and delivery of the College’s academic and training program towards an increased enrolment
- Administrating the staffing, resourcing (including library), and evaluation of all courses, with executive responsibility for the Faculty Meeting
- Overseeing the recruitment, enrolment, and completion of studies for enrolled students
- Communicating the College’s courses to current and potential students
- Overseeing the development, compliance, administration, and review of College and ACT policies with respect to students and their studies; includes reporting and some interstate committee work
- Establishing and evaluating teaching and learning goals; professional development of lecturers
- Effective management of the Registrar Office of two staff; working with the Postgraduate Coordinator in HDR courses
- Wholehearted support of the College’s purpose, beliefs, and training model
- Mature Christian faith, Christ-like character, and a pastoral heart
- Clear Evangelical and Reformed theological and ministry convictions; a practical commitment to biblical theology and expository preaching
- Academic qualifications including an MDiv (or equivalent) and a completed or well-progressed doctoral degree to enable teaching in Old and/or New Testament to masters level
- Excellent record of teaching and learning in a tertiary institution; current or potential research record
- Strong preaching and ministry gifts; significant church or mission experience
- Strong record of academic or related administration demonstrating strategic leadership, project management, and collaborative engagement
- Strong analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication for print and digital media
- Excellent people-management skills
Please submit the following:
- A letter outlining the reasons for applying for this position
- A document providing responses to the selection criteria including recent examples where relevant, and
- A curriculum vitae which includes the names of four relevant referees (including current pastor).
Applicants should be able to work in Australia; an offer of employment will be conditional on the appropriate work visa being secured by the candidate prior to their commencement. The salary package will be from $94,929 to $98,381, dependent on experience. The College reserves the right to not make an appointment.