Digital Recording Services Branch
About the job
Hansard, a section of the Digital Recording Services Branch, is responsible for the production of the transcripts of parliamentary debates and parliamentary committee proceedings.
A temporary employment register has been established to identify people with suitable transcription and editorial skills who are interested in casual employment in Hansard.
Casual work may be offered during periods of peak workload, particularly parliamentary sitting weeks and Senate estimates. Casual work is generally offered between Monday and Friday, and includes night work. Work will be offered on an hourly, part-day or daily basis depending on operational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
We work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and are looking for people who can deliver under pressure, manage competing priorities and respond quickly and flexibly to change.
• have excellent attention to detail;
• be proficient in English grammar and usage;
• be reliable, organised, punctual and prepared to work long and irregular hours;
• have an interest in current affairs;
• thrive on deadlines;
• enjoy working in a team environment;
• communicate clearly and concisely;
• exercise professional judgement in a constructive manner, and
• flexibly adapt to new challenges.
A willingness to learn and develop in the workplace is also a must. If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, we want to hear from you!
The key duties of the position include
Please click the "apply now" button to go to the DPS Careers Webpage where you can find more information about the position and relevant duty statement.