The Cancer Institute NSW is committed to lessening the impact of cancer in NSW. The Institute works with the community, people affected by cancer, health professionals, researchers, governments and charity organisations to:
- provide information and advice about preventing cancer, including iCanQuit for smoking cessation and skin cancer-focused campaigns such a Pretty Shady.
- promote the importance of early detection via services like BreastScreen NSW, cervical and bowel screening.
- provide grants that foster innovation in cancer research, with a focus on translational research - maintain quality information and data about cancer in NSW
- support and promote best practice; to ensure people across the state, no matter where they live, are provided the same high-quality treatment and care
- provide health professionals with resources for cancer treatment online via EviQ.