- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Do you love animals? Have you always thought about working with animals professionally? But not sure where to start? Then our Vet Assistant course is perfect for you!
This Vet Assistant course is the ideal starting point for anyone who is looking to work with animals on a professional level. Designed for those students that have not completed any studies in Veterinary training, the Vet Assistant course starts with the fundamentals of working in a veterinary clinic, including Veterinary processes, procedures and even Veterinary administration.
The Vet Assistant online course is designed to help you secure an entry-level role in Veterinary care facilities and then from there, you could proceed to complete a Vet Nurse Certificate and climb the industry ladder.
Start studying your vet assistant certificate today and propel yourself into the future you have always wanted
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Veterinary reception and general office duties
- Veterinary technical maintenance
- Specialist vet support roles
- Animal pathology laboratories
- Animal hospitals
- Government veterinary services
- Animal refuges and welfare organisations
What You'll Learn
A Veterinary assistant performs all aspects of routine pet care, assisting veterinarians and veterinary nurses or even veterinary technicians with lab work. In summary:
- Feed animals and monitor whether they’re eating
- Bathe pets when necessary
- Exercise the animals
- Clean, sterilize, and maintain kennels, operating rooms, examining rooms, cages, and surgical equipment
- Perform some clerical duties
- General vet cleaning duties
- Reception based tasks.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- A custom designed kit delivered straight to your door with all the practical tools & products you need to get started
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus lifetime access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
Feedback will be provided for assessments upon submission online.
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.