Who's It For?
- If you have a general interest in complementary medicine and the historical and cultural background of some of its major fields of study, this certificate is for you
What You'll Learn
- Develop a basic understanding of history, philosophy and frameworks within the complementary medicine field
- Develop basic communication skills
Skills you’ll develop
- Critical thinking
- Digital literacy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Full-time – 6 months
- Part-time – 12 months
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Skype)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
Graduates will be eligible to pathway into further study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Completion of this Certificate may also provide credits into other Higher Education Provider allied health qualifications.
History and philosophy of health paradigms from early human existence to present day. Current public health is explored.
Introduces the philosophy and theory of naturopathic medicine and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
Introduces Chinese medicine philosophy and practice and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
Introduces students to the social determinants of health and examines why we eat the way we do in local and international settings. Explores the influences of gender, globalisation, and the rise of non-communicable disease.
Introduces students to the many forms of musculoskeletal therapies that are practiced on a global basis.
About Endeavour College of Natural Health
Endeavour College of Natural Health has been providing Vocational and Higher Education courses in Natural Health since 1975.
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practise of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practise. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in both a digital and practical learning environment.
Endeavour is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes for our Bachelor of Health Science degrees (in Acupuncture Therapies, Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy & Nutrition), Diploma of Health Science or Undergraduate Certificates. Vocational Education courses (such as Remedial Massage) are offered 4 times a year.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College of Natural Health!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)