Delivered by the internationally respected Victoria University Business School, VU Online’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) has been designed to help you elevate your career or business to achieve your professional goals in a myriad of industries and sectors.
A rich and relevant curriculum is delivered entirely online by highly qualified, student-focused academics and facilitators, many of whom come from corporate backgrounds across multiple industries.
With 25 years’ experience delivering accessible postgraduate business courses in Australia, VU has equipped thousands of students – from all walks of life – with the skills and insights to successfully reach their personal career goals including promotion, salary increase, business ownership and leadership.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Business Development
- Senior Managing Consultant
- Marketing/Communications Director
- Human Resources Director
- Strategic Planning Manager
- Financial Manager
What You'll Learn
VU Online’s MBA covers a broad range of business and management disciplines, effectively equipping you for current and future workplace leadership.
Across 12 specialist units of study – from Art and Practice of Leadership to Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship – you’ll develop the strategic, analytical and financial skills demanded of today’s senior business leader. You’ll also network with a community of like-minded peers via our intuitive and immersive online learning environment.
As well as innovative core units, you will also complete a practical, multi-faceted capstone project. Each unit of study lasts for seven weeks.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years part-time
- VU Online provides you with the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed in your studies
- Our highly experienced academics are responsive and accessible and understand how to deliver a quality online learning experience
- You will also be introduced to your very own Student Success Advisor, who provides motivation and one-on-one personalised assistance with non-academic matters throughout your course
- You’ll experience the support of your community through chat, virtual seminars and discussion board activity. Remember, your support network is only a phone call and email away
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate (in the same discipline) based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units
- Earn a top tier MBA online: Victoria University’s MBA was awarded a tier-one rating in CEO Magazine’s 2019 Global Rankings
- Benefit from online learning: Study when it suits you, and on any device. 100% online study lets you fit study around existing commitments including work, family and children
- Qualify sooner: Earn your MBA degree faster than via on-campus study with our unique, fully online six-study-period model
- Expand your network: VU Collaborate, our intuitive online learning environment, makes it easy to connect with like-minded students, obtain feedback from academics and leverage a supportive professional network
- Same recognition as on-campus: Your MBA from VU Online is the same qualification achieved by on-campus students. Your testamur makes no mention of study mode
- Learn from industry leaders: You will benefit from the unique industry connections of our academics and facilitators, as well as VU’s strong reputation in the business community
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible to enter into the masters with credit for past skills and/or study, known as advanced standing
- If you’ve already completed any of the units in the course in which you are enrolling, or their equivalent, you may be eligible for advanced standing
About Victoria University Online
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, we make it easy to fit study around existing commitments including work, family and children. Our programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Our postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
Our online learning platform is a virtual one-stop shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community
- Interactive, immersive learning – no exams or textbooks to purchase
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings