Accelerated and 100% online, the Graduate Certificate of Education: Leading Education is for current and future school leaders who want to hone their leadership skills and create positive outcomes for their students, their organisation and their communities.
After completing your graduate certificate, you will be empowered to lead in complex environments and drive improvement in your organisation.
You can also continue your studies and gain ECU’s Accelerated Online Master of Education (Leading Education) by completing four additional core units.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Year Level Leader
- Faculty Leader
- Program Coordinator
- Head of Learning Area
- Student Services Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Lead students, staff and organisations: Become an advocate of education through effective leadership. Apply strategies across pedagogical practices, policies and organisational performance to instigate change that benefits students and your organisation
- Engage communities: Learn to lead in complex environments and develop strategies for the improvement of students, staff and the community
- Research and practice: Understand and apply effective leadership strategies to drive continuous improvement across pedagogical practices, assessment strategies, learning outcomes, and staff and organisational performance
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months to complete part-time
- 4 Units in total
Course admission requirements
- Have a Bachelor degree in Education or
- Equivalent or a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline or,
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience
- Meet English Language Requirements (Band 4)
Accelerated and 100% Online
- Delivered 100% online and with six study periods a year, you could complete the Master of Education in as little as 16 months while continuing to work full-time
- Designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, you’ll experience the same quality of education and learning outcomes, as well as the connection with your fellow students and academics, that you would if studying on-campus
- You will also receive dedicated one-on-one support from a Student Success Advisor who can assist with all non-academic questions and motivate you to reach your study goals
Grow Your Network
- ECU has a large professional teacher and education network, putting you in good company to connect, collaborate and network with experienced and passionate peers globally
Quality Learning Experience
- Your learning experience will be of the highest quality, as you’ll learn from experienced, passionate academics who are experts in their field. From our beginnings in 1902 as Claremont Teachers College, we have been at the forefront of teacher education for over 100 years
About Edith Cowan University Online
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities we were established to serve.
Fit postgraduate study around your life and graduate sooner with our flexible and accessible accelerated and online courses from ECU Online.
Find the right postgraduate course for your career development. We offer qualifications in Education, Counselling, Cyber Security and Human Resource Management, which will equip you with the skills, knowledge and credentials to advance in your career.