- Please note, this course is available to Australian citizens, Permanent Residents or New Zealand passport holders. It is NOT available for Subclass 500 visa holders
- If you have previously completed a Diploma or higher-level qualification, you are NOT eligible for Victorian Government funding
The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) has been designed to meet the needs of people pursuing builders’ registration or looking for supervising or contract administration roles. This course satisfies the educational requirements of the VBA for builder registration.
This course is delivered face-to-face in a physical classroom environment or in a virtual environment through online classes. BCTA ensures that the training is provided to natural workplace environment standards.
The best trainers will train you in the industry with extensive experience giving you a detailed insight into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in the Building and Construction industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Registered Builder
- Site Manager
- Project Supervisor
- Construction Manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- Box Hill
Duration and Study Load
- This program runs for 74 weeks and you need to set aside 13 hours per week for self-study and 7 hours for assessment work.
Virtual Online (Microsoft Teams), Face to Face
In weekly class, your trainer will facilitate a range of training experiences including:
- Trainer led instruction
- Discussion and debate
- Group learning activities
- Case studies
- Role-plays and presentations
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above
- Successful completion of BCTA’s Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) test
Note: Pretraining Review (PTR) will be conducted to assist prospective students in determining whether the course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s relevant prior learning to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
- BCTA will ensure that your prior learning and existing skills are recognised, irrespective of how or where they have been acquired.
- Workbook learning activities
- Written assignments
- Case studies
- Questions and answers,
James JonesDiploma of Building and Construction (Building)/Project Supervisor
David JacksonsDiploma of Building and Construction (Building)/Building manager
About Building and Construction Training Australia
Here at BCTA, we offer building and construction courses. We deeply understand the industry and have strong relationships within the building and construction community and have vast experience in the education sector.
Strong connections in the industry enable us to deliver qualifications that simulate real-world skills.
Our graduates depart with the confidence to take the next step in their career.
At BCTA, we strive every day to provide our students with current best practices, training simulated to provide industry conditions in order to develop their skills and knowledge. BCTA’s exclusive training materials and delivery methods will assist them in achieving the qualifications required as they journey along their chosen career path.
All BCTA staff will adhere to the principles and practices of equity in education and training; they will treat every student fairly and without discrimination. BCTA has procedures in place to ensure any student concerns are dealt with immediately and appropriately.
Building and Construction Training Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 22597)