- Plenty Training is a private Registered Training Organisation and is not affiliated with TAFE
Plenty Training delivers the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification! This course covers training design, training delivery and assessment activities – allowing you to:
- Deliver training and assessment in a TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Deliver nationally-recognised training
- Provide on-the-job instruction in a workplace environment, such as one-to-one apprenticeship training
- Conduct workplace assessments and skill audits
- Work as an enterprise trainer
- Coach and mentor staff
- Become a confident presenter and facilitator of learning
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
- Training Advisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
Our iClass+ course offers students the incredible opportunity to complete all practical assessment tasks^ under the guidance of a qualified trainer in an online environment.
The 13-day interactive iClass+ component of the training is delivered via three clusters:
- Design — delivered over three consecutive days
- Delivery — delivered over five days (two days and three days)
- Assessment — delivered over five days (two days and three days)
These sessions will cover all practical assessment activities included within the TAE40116 course. Pre-class activities covering unit theory lessons and pre-class preparation are required for each cluster.
The iClass+ course consists of:
- 13 days of interactive online iClasses+ delivered via three clusters (design, delivery and assessment)
- Three days of trainer-led interactive online sessions covering units TAEASS402 (one-day) and TAELLN411 (two days) via Adobe Connect
- Completion of all practical assessment activities^ in interactive online environments
- Pre-class activities covering some course theory and class preparation (approximately eight hours per cluster)
- Recorded lessons covering course unit theory available 24/7
- Recorded online tutorials covering unit assessment ‘how to’ information
- Weekly trainer-led Q&A support sessions
- Live online orientation webinar
- Out-of-class assessment activities
- NO vocational placement required!
^A practical assessment activity is defined as an assessment task where you must have access to other individuals, groups or a qualified trainer and assessor to meet the task requirements. For example short answer questions are not considered a practical activity.
You must demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. This means you need to have experience in the field you will train and evaluate, e.g., hairdressing, fitness, finance, etc. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience and may include holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
You must have:
- An appropriate level of English language skill is important to the likelihood of participant success
- Access to a computer (with Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and a web browser installed)
- Access to the internet
- Access to a video and audio recording device such as a smartphone or webcam
- An understanding of how to use Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader, be able to download, scan and upload documents, and know how to access online materials.
- Start a new career as a trainer and assessor
- Gain employment in the lucrative Australian vocational education sector
- Weekly earnings well above the national average
- 25,000 job opening over the next five years
- Increase your value with Australia’s most popular training qualification
- Make a difference! Help students improve their options in life!
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a suitable pathway for those who have all of the training and assessment skills and experience covered for this qualification and who wish to undertake an assessment-only process.
- Direct observation
- Product-based methods
- Third-party testimonial
- Prepare for assessment
- Gather quality evidence
- Support the candidate
- Make the assessment decision
- Record and report the assessment decision
- Review the assessment process
- Determine focus of the assessment tool
- Design assessment tool
- Develop assessment tool
- Review and trial assessment tool
- Interpret learning environment and delivery requirements
- Prepare session plans
- Prepare resources for delivery
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions
- Support and monitor learning
- Define parameters of the learning program
- Work within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy framework
- Develop program content
- Design structure of the learning program
- Analyse LLN requirements
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
- Use specialist LLN support where required
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
About Plenty Training
If you’re looking for a reputable training provider who specialises in delivering quality TAE training look no further than Plenty Training.
As one of the leading providers of training and assessment qualifications in Australia, we are dedicated to offering our students excellent customer service, high quality courses and access to valuable trainer support.
There is no need to take our word for it! Our high level of completion and satisfaction rates from our past students speaks volumes about our quality, not to mention the hundreds of TAFE teachers who choose to study with us each year.
We are proud of our 4.5/5 rating on Facebook, and even more so of the 100% compliant audit result we received in our recent re-registration audit.
Not all Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are created equal. With thousands of RTOs in Australia, you need some good reasons to trust us to take care of your vocational education. Our quality, flexible delivery, student support, value and our student feedback results are just a few to provide you with confidence in choosing Plenty Training for your studies.
Plenty Training is a trading name of Plenty Systems Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32371)