- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
Oversee the operations of a bar, cafe, restaurant, hotel reception or concierge service.
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Front Office Supervisor or Team Leader
- Shift Manager
- Duty Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor or Team Leader
- Gaming Supervisor or Team Leader
- Reservation Analyst
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Flexible online learning, meaning you can study whenever and wherever suits you through our online learning platform, My eCampus.
- Up to 24 months
- Online, combined with 36 practical service periods or shifts to be completed in a hospitality environment sourced by the student
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Delivered on-line via our e-learning management system, My eCampus, combined with 36 practical placement shifts in a hospitality environment.
- This qualification is also suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
To be assessed as competent, learners need to provide evidence of their knowledge and skills relevant to the unit of competence. Assessment methods may include:
- Short answer questions
- Assignments / Projects
- Observation Report
- Practical Assessment / Project
- Case Study / Role Play
- Practical work evidence through projects, activities and third party observation reports
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)