- There is government funding available in NSW only.
The nationally recognised BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Operations) qualification is appropriate to any role that has a business service component. The operations specialisation will give you the tools to develop operational practices to leverage against the competition – a highly sought-after skill set by the industry.
People working in these roles undertake specialist administrative or operational tasks, requiring self-development skills. They have strong communication and motivation skills, and the ability to critically analyse situations and solve problems. Quality control is at the forefront of their thinking. Business operations personnel use their understanding of internal and external customers to deliver business outcomes.
Business operations roles rely on strategic planning and task prioritisation to get the job done. During the online course, you will learn to apply critical thinking to work practices, implement communication strategies, coordinate recruitment, develop business and marketing plans, and apply risk management processes.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader
- Account Manager
- Office Administrator
- Operations Officer
- Business or Program Supervisor
- Business Operations Manager
What You'll Learn
- Apply critical thinking to work practices
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Develop personal work priorities
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Apply business risk management processes
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- Customised study schedule to suit work and life commitments
- Simulated business scenarios to get you practising on the skills
- Easy-to-use online campus portal with around-the-clock access to industry-leading education
- Dedicated support from an experienced mentor and wellbeing advisor
- Mobile study from anywhere with an internet connection
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of prior learning is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning). If you think you have sufficient evidence to show that you have the skills, knowledge and experience to prove competency in one or more units of competency, please contact us
About MCI Institute
Open up the possibilities of your career! Earn nationally recognised qualifications valued by companies across Australia, gain practical skills based on what employers value and need in the workplace and access recognised credit towards a university degree.
MCI is an award-winning, education provider, proudly taking home 33 awards in the last 18 years, including placing on the 2020 AFR Most Innovative Companies List. They make education within your reach through supported online delivery so you can study anywhere, anytime, to achieve your career goals. Our experienced team provides you with the support for the duration of your study and will be there to celebrate when you reach graduation.
Management Consultancy International Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 91088)