- This course is delivered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) only.
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION REQUIRED MINIMUM 1 CONSTRUCTION TRADE QUALIFICATION (PREFERABLY IN CARPENTRY).
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses. The qualification has a core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.*
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
*Additional units of competency may be required to meet builder registration requirements in various States and Territories. Check with relevant state and territory licensing and regulatory authorities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Construction Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- To be completed within 12 months from enrolment date
- This course is delivered by RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) only, where you will be assessed based upon your Experience and the Evidence you supply us. Generally, you will meet these requirements by having at least 1 construction trade qualification (preferably in Carpentry) and at least 2 Years Experience in supervising or building low rise construction projects.
- Recent experience in the building or construction industry.
- You are 18 years old or over.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- You are competent in written and spoken English (language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed as part of the enrolment process).
- You will have access to a computer and the internet for the duration of the course and have basic computer knowledge.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a simple process of formal skills recognition through which your existing skills, knowledge and experience are converted into a nationally recognised qualification
Access & Equity
- Realistic Training Options are committed to providing training opportunities to all people on an equal and fair basis
- All participants who meet the course entry requirements will be accepted into any of our training programs
- Any questions regarding access and equity can be directed to Realistic Training Options
About Realistic Training Options
Realistic Training Options has been delivering nationally accredited training and assessment services to the Building & Construction Industry for over 10 years. We take great pride in giving our students, trainees and apprentices the knowledge, skills and confidence required to achieve their goals in the Australian construction industry through real-life training & assessment with customised delivery options.
Our national RPL process has been specifically developed for the Australian construction industry. Using our own self-developed software along with our dedicated RPL specialists gives the student better clarity and understanding of the requirements and pathways needed to achieve the desired qualification, whilst being supported throughout the entire process.
At Realistic Training Options, we understand the quality of our students reflects the quality of our training, therefore we choose to deliver quality over quantity. We also appreciate and respect the partnerships that we form with our clients, promising much and delivering much more.
Realistic Training Options is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32496)