- The Associate Degree of Applied Information Technology is the first two years of a La Trobe University Degree course delivered 100% online by Didasko. Successfully complete the first two years of the degree and you can exit with a highly respected university associate degree. Or continue on, if you choose. HECS – HELP is available *
* Eligibility criteria applies. Available to Australian citizens only.
This course provides an excellent, generalist education in information technology (IT), and the opportunity to explore focus areas in information systems, software development, computer networks, and web development.
The learning structure enables you to complete your course as a full-time online student, or combine online part-time studies with work commitments.
This course has an applied focus and includes IT industry Vendor Certifications that are relevant and desirable to potential employers. Graduates with applied qualifications not only have the skills and knowledge from a university education, but the practical thinking to apply them in industry.
To be awarded the Associate Degree of Applied Information Technology you will initially be enrolled in the La Trobe Bachelor of Applied Information Technology. After successfully completing year 2 of your degree you will be awarded the La Trobe Associate Degree of Applied Information Technology, and if you choose you can exit with this qualification.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Systems Analyst
- Analyst Programmer
- Database Manager
- Software Engineer
- Software Strategist
- Systems Marketer
What You'll Learn
- Write reports that concisely communicate technical and business requirements to peers, company stakeholders, and business communities consistent with professional standards.
- Conduct engaging oral presentations that clearly communicate technical and business requirements to a variety of audiences, including colleagues, and stakeholders in both the IT and general communities.
- Analyse and evaluate numerical data and evidence from business and scientific reports and journals to make recommendations to peers, scientific and non-scientific audiences consistent with professional standards.
- Demonstrate research and information literacy skills to locate, interrogate and evaluate relevant business-related literature to develop specifications for business information systems projects.
- Propose and analyse strategies for solving real life business system problems and/or challenges in other fields of study.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- You can complete your Associate Degree of Applied Cloud Technology in 2 years with the flexibility online learning gives you. Studying 25 hours per week on average (100 hours per month) should see you successfully complete your qualification within this timeframe. Each year’s assessments must be completed and marked within each 12-month time limit. You can complete your studies after years 1, 2 or 3 with a La Trobe qualification.
- Part-time study options are also available.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Understand you are enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Information Technology, with the option of exiting after year 2 with a La Trobe Associate Degree of Applied Information Technology
- Be over 18 years of age
For successful admission these pre-requisites are required :
- Have basic computer skills
- You will need to provide a copy of your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (year 12 certificate), OR
- If you don’t have a year 12 certificate, you must be assessed as displaying a required level of competence in both reading and numeracy. Upon discussion with a Careers Consultant, you will be provided with a link and access to a Pre-enrolment Assessment which you must complete.
- If you are not at least 18 years of age, parental consent will be required by completing an appropriate form
Please note that this course is delivered 100% online so is not available to individuals in Australia on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) or Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University has been providing a world-class education to students since its commencement in 1967 and, for the last three years in partnership with Didasko, they have been offering 100% online IT and business degrees developed with your career success in mind.
These multi award-winning courses offer an online study experience second-to-none with all the academic support you’ll need to succeed. The skilled academic team are there for you as often, and as much as you want.
With the highly flexible full and part-time options, you can design your study time around your other personal and professional commitments. The Student Support Team will even help you to develop your own weekly study plan to help keep everything on track.
Monthly start dates allow you to enrol and commence straight away.